When people say “digital signage”, they’re talking about digital displays used to inform and persuade, and it’s popping up in public spaces all over the world. Retailers, transit systems, and restaurant using digital signage are increasingly common, and every day more and more campuses, government institutions and corporations are finding their own ways to benefit from this increasingly affordable technology.
In restaurants, and especially in chain restaurants (Quick Service Restaurants), is very important to attract customer’s attention. They like to read the menu as quickly as possible and order in an easy way. We don’t have to forget they are hungry in the end. Implementing digital menu boards can create a more esthetic and efficient form of showing the menu as well as a 5% sales lift. 74% of customers say an easy to read menu is the top of their priorities and digital signage can give you the chance of try different menu sizing and content without the need of reprint it, saving a lot of time and money. So, as we can observe, it is a growing market.
The benefits digital signage can offer to a restaurant or a franchise are the following:
- Menus can be changed very quickly, rather than waiting weeks for a printing house. You save time, you save money and change the menu is as easy as send an email.
- You have the option of manage the menus regionally which is more efficient with digital boards than with printed menus. As well as the geographical option, you also have the choice of change the menus depending of the time of the day. For example, the menu can change from breakfast to lunch in a matter of seconds.
- LTO’S (Limited time offers) can be updated so quickly. You don´t have to wait a lot of time for the promotional materials as it is now in one click. With digital menu boards, you can implement a promotion as soon as you have new creative file (flv, jpg, mp4…) and have activated the operations teams. Much faster. In fact, you can prepare the operations teams by streaming training to the units via the digital menu boards during non-operating hours.
- Attraction of customers is more easy now with digital menus, which allows you to make a dynamic menu with animations, rotating messages, movements and rich graph design. Digital marketing is the new frontier for restaurant marketers and it is only natural that – as persuasive and effective as digital marketing is – that it would find its way to the menu.
- To franchise restaurants, savings and benefits are even more pronounced and this boards help them to get compliance from customers as it is usually very hard to gain. Getting franchisees to put up the correct promotional materials, switch out menus between each day-part, and getting all locations to launch a new menu on the same day can be very challenging using the techniques of past. With digital menu boards, the franchisor/HQ remains in control and can manage all of the menus from one central control panel.
- There is no doubt as the cost of digital displays hardware continue to come down and the industry catches on to the power of digital menu boards that we will increasingly see the old coming down to make way for the new.
Did you like what you just read? Are you asking how can you implement this technology in your business? Don’t worry about that. MALER Digital Signage can help you to create an engaging experience for customers. Our team will find the best solution for your company with costs adapted to your budget. We can help you to take advantage and guide you through the huge different options offered by new technologies in digital marketing.
Contact us through the contact form by phone +34 881874259 or by email email@example.com